From: Susan Krajewski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 1:05 PM
To: Senior on campus Announcement <email@example.com>
Subject: Major, Minor & Certificate Certification for Graduation
Now that Drop/Add has closed for the spring semester, it’s time to review your Major/Minor/Certificate CertificationForms to ensure they are ready for submission beginning March 1st.
- Click on the Major/Minor/Certificate Certification link in WesPortal. There you will find secondary links to all your current majors, minors and/or certificates. Click on those links to access each of your forms.
- The first thing you need to do is mark the courses you wish to offer in satisfaction of each requirement. The form is built so that it pre-populates with courses that are pre-approved to count in various categories. You need to check the box next to the courses you wish to offer.
- If you wish to offer a course that does not automatically appear on your form, click the request override link on the requirement line where you want the course to appear. That will open up a drop-down menu that displays your entire academic history, including study-abroad courses. Simply select the course from the drop-down and click the Submit Override button. That will cause the course to appear in green and the status will say “pending advisor approval.” Your advisor will receive an automated email alerting them to your override request so they can approve it. Important note: you cannot submit your final certification form if you have overrides pending so submit those now if necessary.
- Make sure you offer something in satisfaction of each and every requirement listed on the form.
- Lastly, select a Capstone Experience and click the SAVE button to update.
Beginning Monday, March 1st seniors will see a Final Submit button appear on the landing page where you access each of your certification forms. After you review your forms to make sure they are in good order, click the Final Submit button to send the form to your academic department for final certification. This is an important step in the graduation clearance process that you must initiate.
Note: you must do this for each and every major/minor or certificate you intend to complete. If you do not intend to complete one of your current plans, you should use the Declaration tool in WesPortal to drop it. Your Class Dean will work closely with the Registrar’s office to confirm your major completions. Minors and Certificates are handled differently. It is solely the student’s responsibility to submit their Minor and Certificate Certification forms for approval. Minors and Certificates that are not certified prior to graduation will not be posted to your academic record so make sure you submit them!
The senior deadline for submitting all certification forms is Friday, March 19th at 5pm.
Faculty members then have 2 weeks to complete their certifications by Friday, April 2nd.
If you need assistance working with the forms, please contact me or your Senior Class Dean.