F-1 Seniors: OPT Workshop Tomorrow @ 12 noon, EST – 2/22

Dear F-1 seniors,
This is a friendly reminder for the OPT workshop tomorrow:

Optional Practical Training (OPT): Filling out the I-765 Form

Tuesday, February 23, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST

In this workshop, OISA staff will provide step-by-step guidance to fill out Form I-765. If you have attended the session last semester, it is still helpful to come to this workshop. Not much has changed specifically about the I-765; however, the USCIS lockbox location has changed. Also, the OPT fee was changed from $410 to $550 now back to $410. We want to make sure that everyone is aware of these important updates.

Please do the following before you attend the workshop:

• Download the Form I-765
  • Read through the instructions for Form I-765
  • Have the following documents handy when you come to the workshop:
    • your current and all previous I-20s
    • your passport
    • your F-1 visa page
    • your most recent I-94
    • your Social Security Card (if you have one)
    • a pen with black ink (required by the U.S. government

The session will be recorded. If you are unable to attend the session, please email oisa@wesleyan.edu to obtain a link to the recorded session.

After you attend tomorrow’s workshop, you can get your completed I-765 proofread ONCE by a professional staff. This is an offer to help you with your form, not a requirement. You can choose to skip this step if you are able to fill out the form independently. Please submit a polished version of your I-765 as if you are ready to submit it to the government. If you have questions about any of the items on the form, attend one of the drop-in hours to get your questions answered BEFORE you submit for proofreading. The turnaround time is 7-10 business days.

Your OPT application materials need to be submitted via the ISS Portal. OISA does not have access to your submitted materials until you hit the “submit” button on the top. Please email oisa@wesleyan.edu once you submit your application materials. We will write back to confirm that everything has been received. You can expect your OPT recommendation I-20 within 7-10 business days if everything looks good. If there are questions about your application or we found a mistake in your application, you will be contacted via email.

See you at the workshop tomorrow,

Chia-Ying

Chia-Ying S. Pan | Director, International Student Services

Office of International Student Affairs Wesleyan University
Room 024, North College 237 High Street, Middletown, CT 06459
Zoom Meeting Room | Schedule an Appointment | Spring 2021 Drop-In Hours