Registration for Summer Session opens next Fri, March 6, and students who want an award letter before registration opens should complete the 7 question form by noon today. The next review will be noon on April 15.
Financial Aid Calendar for 2020 Wesleyan Summer Session Courses
- Applications open: February 3, 2020
- Cutoff for first award letter: noon February 28, 2020
- First award email: March 3, 2020
- Registration opens: March 6, 2020
- Applications close: NOON April 15, 2020
- This deadline is firm; no exceptions are granted as the processing of applications begins at 12:01pm April 15, 2020
- Final award email: April 21, 2020
Wesleyan University grant aid is available to qualified Wesleyan University students. Wesleyan students should apply for aid using the application available in the Portal; applying for aid does not commit students to taking a course. Summer Session does not meet full-need for students; students should expect to use personal funds or student loans to meet the cost of Summer Session.
Financial Aid Office Open House
Monday, 10/28, 2-4pm
Stop by the Financial Aid Office in North College to say hi to your financial aid class director and the other members of the financial aid team!
There will be a raffle for some Wesleyan swag and plenty of sweet treats!
The deadline to apply for Summer Session financial aid before registration opens is Thursday, March 1 at midnight. Registration opens Thursday, March 8 and students will get award emails on Tues, March 6.
Students who need aid but don’t apply by that deadline can still apply before April 20, but won’t get awards and be able to register until April 24.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Mary Kelly, Senior Associate Director for Finance and Administrative Services in Continuing Studies, at 860-685-3334 or email@example.com.
The application for Winter Session Financial Aid is open. To be eligible for aid, you must currently be receiving need-based Wesleyan grant funds, and new this year: International students receiving need-based grant funds may be eligible to receive aid for Winter Session! Need-based grant funds are limited and students also should expect to consider student loans. Applying for financial aid does not obligate you to take a course; if you’re considering Winter Session but are not sure, please apply for aid anyway.
- Apply for Wesleyan grant aid by October 25, using the link in your Portal’s Courses Bucket.
- You will receive an award letter Friday, October 27.
- Enroll in your course beginning Monday, October 30: bring your paper enrollment form, award letter, and payment for the difference between tuition and your award to the Winter Session office (74 Wyllys).
- If you plan to use student loans to pay for your course, please consult with your financial aid advisor to make sure you have enough loan availability to cover both Winter Session and the spring term – and to complete the additional loan request process.
- Applications for grant aid will not be accepted after Wednesday, October 25. Need-based grant funds are limited and will not meet full need, as Winter Session is an optional term.
More information about Winter Session, including the course list, is available at http://www.wesleyan.edu/wintersession. Winter Session takes place January 8-21. Course registration, housing requests, and dining requests will open on October 30. Winter Housing and Dining requests will only be accepted until Thursday, November 30 at noon.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Aid Office extends a hearty welcome to the Class of 2021! Our office is responsible for the administration of scholarships, loans and work-study employment. We offer individual loan counseling and financial literacy workshops to interested students and provide guidance on the financial implications involved with taking a leave of absence or studying abroad. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of North College. Please feel free to drop by at anytime! Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5pm. You can also reach us by phone at (860) 685-2800 or by email at email@example.com.
To help you navigate the financial aid process and gain a better understanding of how financial aid at Wesleyan works, please join us for one of our Financial Aid Information sessions being held during orientation. The sessions will be offered on Thursday, 8/31 at 3pm and 3:30pm in the Woodhead Lounge (next to the Exley Science Center). Come meet Michelle Jarvis, the Class of 2021 financial aid director! Michelle will be working with many of you throughout your years at Wesleyan.
In addition to the information sessions, the Money Matters workshop will be held in Exley 150 on Thursday, 8/31 at 2pm and on Friday, 9/1 at 10am. The Money Matters program will provide you with valuable information regarding the process for securing a job and getting paid! The session will also provide an overview of your student account statement, noting important billing deadlines. A review of the charging privileges offered through your student account will also be included. Open to all students, the Money Matters session is required of all financial aid recipients.
Should you have any questions concerning your financial aid or experience financial challenges throughout the year, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you over the next four years!