Greetings Class of 2021!
This post contains important information about the graduation process and Wesleyan’s graduation requirements. As you continue to choose courses and build a program of study for the rest of your senior year, it is essential that you know exactly where you stand in terms of fulfilling Wesleyan’s graduation requirements so that everything goes smoothly when degree certification takes place in the spring. Students completing their degrees this fall have already addressed or accessed much of the information provided here. Please review the contents carefully and contact Dean Leathers immediately (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
Graduation does not just happen; you must make it happen! It is important that you fully understand Wesleyan’s graduation requirements and that you are able to interpret your academic record in light of these requirements. Remember, you are responsible for your own graduation and must fulfill all graduation requirements by the end of the Spring 2021 semester in order to earn your diploma.
- Preparing for Graduation: This explains Wesleyan’s graduation requirements, the Major Certification Form, the Credit Analysis Report, oversubscription, December Completion, and honors. Read it!
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Senior Year: Answers to common questions about graduation requirements and the graduation process.
- Academic History: Can be found in your WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Major Certification Form: Used to identify and track the courses you have taken and will be taking to complete your major, must be approved by an authorized advisor in your major department. Can be found in WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Credit Analysis Report: Reviews your academic record in light of oversubscription and monitors your progress towards meeting graduation requirements. Can be found in WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- General Education Report: Reviews the courses taken and applied towards General Education expectations. Can be found in WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Honors and Thesis Information: Deadlines and other important information for students undertaking honors theses.